Students registered with DRES are encouraged to utilize priority registration.
Contact/email each professor.
- Copy Accessible Media Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your access specialist.
- Explain what audio description accommodation means for you:
- What type of AD do you want:
- True AD added to videos when possible in pauses.
- True AD added to video with video pausing to allow for descriptions.
- AD added within transcripts.
- Will AD need to be added to lecture recordings after posting.
- Powerpoint presentations will need to be provided to AMS for accessibility check before class.
- Ask professors if they plan to use videos or any type of visual art forms throughout the semester (including images.
View a sample email, for students about needing AD to send to professor.
After contacting your professors
- If a professor is utilizing videos or visual art forms or supplements
- Tell them that the AMS office will be in contact with them. Email AMS and your access specialist with the course name, course number, and professor name for each course.
- If a professor is not utilizing any visual supplements or videos for course materials
- Request that they contact you if course materials change so you can ensure videos contain audio description.
- If a professor does not respond within one week, or no professor is listed for the course
- Contact your access specialist and they will follow up with your professor/department.