Non-Primary Language Requirement

If a student can demonstrate a specific language-learning disability or a disability that impacts the ability to learn a foreign (non-primary) language after attempting to complete his or her college nonprimary language requirement, the student may petition for a non-primary language substitution and substitute coursework for the non-primary language requirement.  Please note that previous and current records of achievement, commentary from current and previous instructors, and clinical data are required to support the petition.

For further information concerning procedures, contact your DRES Access Specialist to discuss the process.