Accommodations requested by/for students who are registered with DRES will be provided at no cost to the hosting department/unit.
Accommodations requested for faculty and staff, or the general public, will be coordinated by DRES staff and billed to the hosting department/unit according to the rates and policies below.
ASL – English Interpreting Rates & Policies
Onsite Interpreting Requests
- All onsite jobs assume an additional $160 fee in addition to the service total, unless a staff interpreter is available.
- Please note that staff interpreters primarily cover student needs and will only be assigned to non-student events if there are no student needs at that time.
- All onsite jobs of more than an hour and a half are automatically covered by two interpreters.
- Rates are charged per interpreter. Some onsite jobs of 1 or 1.5 hours, such as platform or performance events, may need to be covered by two interpreters. Your confirmation email will show if your event needs one or two interpreters.
Remote/Virtual Interpreting Requests
- All remote/VRI jobs more than 1 hour are automatically covered by two interpreters.
- Rates are charged per interpreter. Some remote jobs of 1 hour may need to be covered by two interpreters. Your confirmation email will show if your event needs one or two interpreters.
All interpreting jobs, regardless of format, will be charged a minimum of 2 hours per interpreter, and any of the following premiums that apply to the per hour rate:
|Base service||Per hour|
|Premium adjustments||Additional per hour|
|Non-business hours||+ $5|
|Short notice request||+ $10|
|Performance, platform or recorded work||+ $10|
Non-business hours rate applies to events that happen after 5:00pm on weekdays or anytime on weekends.
Short notice requests are those that are received by the DRES office on the same business day as the event, or on the business day before the event.
Any job that is cancelled on the same day as the event, or on the business day before the event, will be billable for the full amount originally scheduled.
Live Captioning Rates & Policies
$150 per hour
All live captioning jobs are charged a one hour minimum, and in half hour increments thereafter.
DRES will charge departments $50/hr for conversion of teaching material for courses as well as research material for faculty and staff needing accessible documentation. If the department needs to use separate accounts for the material being converted, it is the departments responsibility to give DRES the billing information for each type of material. Departments will be charged at the end of the quarter.
For recorded materials including lecture capture and media to be shown in class, DRES’ Accessible Media Services (AMS) will add captions to the media file. Submissions are captioned in the order they are received, except that classes with students who are resisted with DRES will be given priority.
|Service||Price (per minute of video)|
|Timecoded file (transcript provided by dept.)||$1.50|
|Timecoded file (transcript provided by AMS)||$2.90|